Wheelchair accessible: No
SAVE THE DATE for our next First Loved to Love weekend, taking place over Labor Day Weekend up in Maine!
What: Do you want to go from having God's love as a data point in your head to a personal and tangible experience in your heart? The "First Loved to Love" experience fosters a dynamic and personal relationship with God. The retreat will enable you to receive the love of the Father and give it away; it is deeply Scriptural and dynamically interactive. You will learn to hear the voice of Abba Father -- practically, concretely, Scripturally, and in a way that can be passed on to others. The retreat will include teaching, worship, creative exercises, reflection time, and small group discussion.
Click here to listen to testimonies of people who have gone on a First Loved to Love weekend and how it changed their ability to experience the love of God for themselves and, out of that, to love others better.
Other Trinity people who have been on a "First Loved to Love" retreat have this to say:
- "The weekend was dedicated to understanding what it means to be fully known and loved by God the Father --- not just to understand the concept intellectually but to actually feel and experience tangibly the depth of the Creator's love for us personally, to see ourselves walking hand in hand with an adoring Father, knowing that He wants us to experience all the joys and wonders and blessings that He has for each one of us."
- "An experiential exercise turned into a profound awakening"
- "I could not wait to get home and tell my family how much I love them."
- 1 John 4:19…” We love because He first loved us” is a familiar passage. But it wasn’t until this weekend that the full meaning of this simple verse moved fluidly from the head to the heart. I really got it!! -- and it was deeply impactful. The realization that it is easier to be a conduit of His love than be a source of love was an Ah Ha moment. It is important that we know that we are a conduit of His love as opposed to the source. It means letting go! This realization takes all the pressure off us, knowing that God does all the heavy lifting and that He is in control. It is energizing as opposed to depleting!!"
- "Having my spouse there made the experience even more meaningful as we came to a deeper understanding of God’s love in our relationship and lead to some powerful revelations for us as a couple."
- "Imagine being able to press a re-set button to a time when you knew God loved you with a passion that made all other love pale in comparison. And that He arranged a weekend where you could experience that truth in a safe setting, with safe people. That's what the "First Loved" weekend is all about. It struck me that if we knew that one thing, every part of our lives -- and those around us -- would be different."
- "The best way to describe "First Loved to Love" is that it is highly experiential, and so much more than a lecture or Bible study."
- "For me, [it] was about being given tools that allowed me to clear some of the debris that came between me and the love of God."
- "This ministry brought me into a deeper revelation of God's personal love for me. It's the difference between 'knowing' Scripture and 'living' Scripture."
Speaker: Mark Gordon Fee is the founder of First Love Ministries. An engaging speaker and teacher, Mark is known for his warm personality, his fun and passionate teaching style, and his gifted ability to make Scripture come alive. He was a pastor for 19 years and is an accomplished worship leader and songwriter. He excels in drawing worshippers into a deep and intimate connection with the Lord.
Dates/Times: Arrival time is Friday evening, Sept. 1. The program will start at 9 a.m. on Saturday morning & continue through Sunday night. Breakfast will be provided on Monday morning, Sept. 4, prior to departure. Plan to come for the entire time. The weekend will include free time to enjoy all the beauty Maine has to offer.
Location: Santa Claus Lake in Temple, Maine
Accommodations: Limited indoor accommodations available. Most of us will be sleeping outdoors in tents (provided or bring your own). Shared bathrooms.
Registration will be on a "first come, first served" basis; space is limited. The cost will cover materials and eight meals. A limited number of partial scholarships are available.The registration form will have details.
Contact: Beth Bull at email@example.com