At Trinity, prayer is the engine and rudder of our church, the power and direction behind all that we do. Though you may not always see it, it is right there beneath the surface and woven into the very fabric of who we are.
Would you like to receive prayer?
- At each Sunday morning worship service, trained prayer ministers are available to pray for you during Communion and all prayer requests are confidential.
- For an extended time of prayer, you may schedule a healing prayer appointment by writing to PrayerAppointment@trinitychurch.life.
- To have a team of intercessors praying behind the scenes for you or a family member during a crisis, you can email your prayer request to PrayerChain@trinitychurch.life. These prayer requests are confidential also.
Would you like to pray with others?
- Many of our groups and Mission-Shaped Communities include times of prayer when they meet, especially the Bible studies. One MSC, Moms in Prayer, is wholly focused on praying for schools in our area and for our children.
- You are welcome to join the staff for Morning Worship & Prayer at Trinity House on Tuesdays from 9-10 a.m., includes Communion.
- The Prayer Room at Trinity House is a place where you may pray on your own or with a few others during normal business hours on Monday through Friday. To book the room, please call the church office at 203-618-0808.
Would you like to grow in your prayer life?
- Throughout the year, there are opportunities to learn and be equipped, whether it is a one-time workshop, a prayer gathering that provides creative ways to pray around a specific topic or theme, or a course that runs for several weeks for those interested in exploring an aspect of prayer or in being on the Prayer Ministry team. Keep an eye on the website for event information.
- One of the best ways to learn to pray is to receive prayer yourself from a prayer minister (see above). Another is to just start praying. Trinity has a 24-hour prayer room once a month at Trinity House where you can sign up to be in that room for an hour by yourself without distractions. Bathed in the prayers of those who have gone before you in that room and with no one else watching or listening, you will be surprised how fast the hour goes and in what beautiful ways the Lord will meet you there. All you have to do is take that first step!