Wheelchair accessible: No
The First Loved to Love weekend retreat is designed to create a safe and sacred space where you can experience the deep, abiding love of the Father. Mark Fee, founder of First Loved Ministries as well as a speaker, pastor and musician, will talk from his personal experience about how loving oneself and others without first experiencing the love of God is a recipe for burnout and despair. The weekend builds upon three related teachings, creative activities, and small group sessions to help you discover barriers that may be preventing you from fully receiving God’s love. You will come away with a deeper experience of just how much God loves you. You will discover how much easier it is to love others. And you will be equipped with strategies that will enable you to stay close to the Father heart of God each and every day.
Trinity people who have been on a First Loved to Love (FLTL) weekend have this to say:
- "FLTL was a life-changing experience for me. It gave me a whole new outlook on how I am to love others and made me understand how much God loves me. I always knew it in my head, but FLTL made me feel God’s love in my heart and soul. FLTL has changed the way I read my Bible and do my personal Bible study, and it has changed the way I communicate with others I know. I am a 'witnesser' and FLTL emboldened me to witness more often, with less fear and in a different way. I would love to continue learning more about God’s love."
- “This weekend I ‘met’ God with skin on. In a moment of recognition I felt and understood God’s love viscerally...my mind could not personally conceive of nor accept a love as deep, extravagant, and nonjudgmental as God’s. A love that knows us and loves us where we are. A love that delights in us. A love that supernaturally forgives, heals, restores and brings us to a place of honor in His family. Nor could I give it. But, during one of the exercises, our group leader (Peter) physically, spiritually, and emotionally lead me to recognition. Suddenly, viscerally, I understood. And all I could say was, “Wow, Wow, Wow!”
- “We LOVED the weekend! And I could say a thousand words to encourage EVERYONE to attend. It not only opened our hearts, it convinced us of the authenticity of divine love . . . made visible through each participant: from our leader, to each facilitator, every member of [the volunteers helping behind-the-scenes], and the great generosity of the Back 40 Farm."
- "All weekend long, Mark and the other leaders really lived what they were teaching — this wasn't some theoretical or theological seminar on love, but a life-changing discovery of God's love for us individually. It was incredible to hear God's words of love spoken so clearly to me in the Bible, and to realize how much I want to convey that love to my family and everyone around me."
- "This ministry brought me into a deeper revelation of God's personal love for me. It's the difference between 'knowing' Scripture and 'living' Scripture."
Speaker: Mark Gordon Fee is the founder of First Love Ministries. An engaging speaker and teacher, Mark is known for his warm personality, his fun and passionate teaching style, and his gifted ability to make Scripture come alive. He was a pastor for 18 years and is an accomplished worship leader and songwriter. He excels in drawing worshippers into a deep and intimate connection with the Lord.
Dates/Times: Friday, April 13 at 6:30 p.m. to Sunday, April 15 at 12:00 p.m. The weekend builds from Friday evening until Sunday noon. Please plan to attend the entire time.
Location: Back 40 Farm, Washington, CT
Accommodations: Please be aware that beds are limited and some participants may be asked to sleep on air mattresses; there are sleeping spaces in both the farmhouse and the refurbished barn.
Cost: $175 (covers materials, accommodations & five meals only; Mark Fee's ministry at the weekend is solely funded through a love offering taken at the retreat). Partial scholarships are available; if you would like to request financial assistance, please contact Evelyn Viana at firstname.lastname@example.org before registering.
Registration: Space is on a first come, first served basis and is limited. Registration will close on or before April 2.
Contact: For more information, contact Evelyn Viana at email@example.com or Beth Bull at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Video Testimonies: Click here to hear what past attendees have to say about the retreat.