We believe that both the participant and the church body as a whole benefit from a structured relationship that fosters mutual accountability. For this reason, we include a list of expectations for participation.
Relationship to Trinity Church:
- Regular attendance and volunteer involvement at Trinity Church before and after the trip
Pre-Trip: Application & Training
- Interview (in person or phone) with trip leader
- Completion of host organization application materials as required
- Complete a background check through Trinity Church
- Commitment to completion of the Short Term Missions Workbook, ideally in a group setting, or failing that ,as an individual/family exercise.
- Attend all team training meetings.
- Pay trip balance in full by trip-specific deadlines
- Sign waiver and full release
On The Trip
- Compliance with team leader and/or host organization instructions and guidelines
- Commitment to working as a team
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and norms
- Abstain from alcohol consumption, smoking/vaping, and/or illicit drugs of any kind for the entire trip, including flights (these can reflect negatively on our host organizations)
- Debrief with your team
- Complete an evaluation form